INSTALLING RAIL SAVER PRO
Worried about installation? RailSaverPRO rail protection was designed with ease of installation as a primary objective.
Your kids could do it! And, RailSaverPRO can be repositioned during installation.
TIPS for a perfect fit:
- Unroll the rail savers and place on at each side of the board.
- Mark with a pencil the center of the rail saver.
- Before removing the backing, place the center of the rail saver at the center of the board rail and extend it to the nose, mark the board with a pencil where the start of the rail saver should be. You now have the perfect placing longitudinally.
- Start peeling the front side of the rail saver and start sticking it where you marked the board and on the edge of the board rail (this is the more external part of the board, and where all impacts will take place). Follow the board edge until the end.
As you can see in the video above, it’s easy to reposition while installing it, but once it’s fixed, after some time, it can’t be repositioned again. We recommend you wait for 6 hours before going to the water.
If your board coating/painting is weak, or if you prefer to play around with the rail saver until you find the perfect spot, spray some clean water over the rail of your board. It will allow you to move the rail saver, and once placed, remove excess water with a squeegee. Rest of the water will evaporate by itself is some hours.
Should you need to remove your RailSaverPRO, gently apply heat with a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive. Take care as excessive heat can damage your board.
Install the HexaTraction RSPro® board grip&traction and forget about waxing your board in a hurry to get to the water. Optimise your fun time.
TIPS for a perfect fit:
1. Don’t install it on a cold environment. We recommend to install it at room temperature. Below 20ºC (68F) the material and glue tend to get rigid, so it would make the installation more difficult.
2. Throughly clean the area with alcohol or similar. Make sure no residue of wax is present. Avoid industrial cleaners.
3. Before starting, layout the HexaTraction hexagons choosing the best pattern to cover the area where you need grip and traction.
4. PRO TIP: Peel exactly half of the adhesive backing of the first HexaTraction hexagon, so it will be super easy to align with the board center line.
5. Pour plenty of water. Plenty!!. It will help on having no air bubbles.
6. Stick half of the hexagon making sure to remove all air and water out by rubbing with your fingers and/or cloth. Remove the other half of the backing and squeeze all the air and water out.
7. PRO TIP: Squeeze from the center to the edges or from one side to the opposite so all air and water gets out.
8. Using the HexaTraction black star as a template, progress through the deck one hexagon at a time.
9. PRO TIP: Align by the side of the hexagon with the adhesive backing on.
10. Complete the layout using the half hexagons if needed.
11. You’re done. Review all hexagons, making sure all the water is out, let it dry (not on the sun) and let it cure for some hours before heading to the water.
HexaTraction RSPro® board grip&traction uses a strong adhesive. If you need to remove it, we advice to use a hair dryer or heatgun to apply some gentle heat so the adhesive softens, and removal is easier, especially if your board is painted or coated.
INSTALLING EDGE SAVER
EDGE SAVER DRAG TESTING We are often asked about what drag, if any, is caused by fitting Edge Saver paddle protection on your SUP paddle. Here is a video of some drag testing we performed.
All RailSaverPRO products are individually hand checked prior to packaging to ensure customer satisfaction. If you believe your RailSaverPRO product has a manufacturing fault, send us some photos for examination and we’ll replace it.
If you have purchased your RailSaverPRO product through our online store and when it arrives you’re not happy with it, return it in its unused condition in the original packaging and we’ll give you a full refund. Returned items must be received by us within 30 days of the date of purchase.